- All TSPGA Professional entrants must be eligible members in good standing or be an Apprentice that has successfully completed PGM Level 1 and is in good standing in the Tri-State Section PGA.
- Apprentices that have successfully completed PGM Level 1 and are in good standing may participate in ALL events for which they are eligible . Apprentices NOT YET completing PGM Level 1 and are in good standing are permitted to play in events designated by the tournament committee.
- Apprentices that have completed PGM Level 1 and are in good standing may play in ALL of the following tournaments listed below:
- Apprentices that have NOT YET completed PGM Level 1 and are in good standing may play in the events highlighted in GREEN on a space available basis ONLY:
27 Hole Scramble @ Valley Brook CC
|Pro-Pro-Am-Am @ Olde Stonewall GC|
|Pro-3 Amateur @ Pete Dye GC|
|Pro-Scratch Amateur @ Chartiers CC|
|Pro-3 Amateur @ Williams CC|
|Pro-Pro Championship @ Fox Chapel GC|
|Pro-3 Amateur @ Tam O'Shanter GC|
|Dr. John Aber Memorial Golf Classic @ Allegheny CC|
|Pro-3 Amateur @ Grove City CC|
|Pro-3 Amateur @ Green Oaks CC|
|Pro-3 Senior Amateur @ Chartiers CC|
|Pro-3 Amateur @ The Country Club|
|The Oglebay Classic @ Oglebay Resort|
|Head Pro Assistant Pro Championship @ Edgewood CC (PA)|
|Tri-State Open @ New Castle CC|
|Tam O'Shanter Open|
|PGA TOUR - The Greenbrier Classic Pre-Qualifier @ The Resort at Glade Springs|
|Pro-4 Junior Championship @ Greensburg CC|
|Meadows 5 Million Dollar Challenge @ Valley Brook CC|
|Pro-3 Amateur @ Willowbrook CC|
|Kalkreuth Classic @ Wheeling CC|
|Cranberry Highlands Open|
|Pro-Scratch Amateur @ South Hills CC|
|Pro-3 Amateur @ Diamond Run GC|
|The Pine Country Club Challenge|
|Pro-Lady Championship @ Green Oaks CC|
|TSPGA Assistant Championship @ South Hills CC|
|Senior/Junior Championship @ Cranberry Highlands GC|
|Match Play Championship @ Greensburg CC|
|Pro-Pro Championship @ Uniontown CC|
|Pro-Superintendent-2 Officials @ St. Clair CC|
|TSPGA Fall Pro-Scratch Amateur @ Sunnehanna CC|
|27 Hole Scramble @ St. Clair CC|
|* TSPGA Las Vegas Pro-Am|
* Open to all TSPGA Members and Apprentices
** All Apprentice Eligibility is determined by the TSPGA Tournament Committee **
- Damage to course equipment or property
- Profanity directed to tournament staff, other competitors, sponsors, volunteers, or others
- Talking negatively at a tournament site about sponsor, golf course, host professional, etc.
- Not settling your cart rental or any other charges at a host club by the end of the day.
- Improper golf car etiquette (not obeying rules on course or around clubhouse).
- Consumption of alcoholic beverages during tournament rounds
- Usage of cellular telephones on the golf course during a tournament round.
- Wearing a hat in the clubhouse (particularly eating area ).
- Changing shoes and clothes in parking lot when locker room services are available.
- Any other conduct deemed by the TSPGA Tournament Committee as unbecoming a Golf Profession
A. PRO EVENT ONLY
In the event a professional has entered a tournament by previously submitting his/her entry, and for some reason, (other than a personal emergency) cannot participate NO REFUND will be issued if notification for withdrawal to the section office is made after the event pairings have been “posted”. Any professional who fails to notify the TSPGA in advance of not showing for an event will automatically forfeit his/her entry fee. The following formula will be used to make entry fee refunds: The full amount of the entry fee minus a $20.00 transaction fee will be refunded.
B. PRO-AM EVENT
Any Professional that cancels 7 or more days prior to Pro-Am that professional will incur a $50.00 cancellation fee.
Any professional that cancels within 7 days of the event date – the cancellation fee will be 50% of the Pro-Am event entry fee . If the tournament spot is filled off the waitlist the professional will be charged a $50.00 cancellation fee.
To be eligible to participate in a Pro-Scratch Amateur Event an amateur MUST be invited by an eligible TSPGA Member or Apprentice in Good Standing.
PRO-AM EVENTS USING HANDICAPS
To be eligible to participate in a handicapped Pro-Am Event an amateur MUST:
- Be invited by an eligible TSPGA Member or Apprentice
- Possess a current USGA Handicap Index, proof of which must be presented at the tournament site.
This regulation pertains to Pro-3 Amateur events and does not include the Las Vegas Pro-Am.
Once a team wins a TSPGA Pro-3 Amateur, the professional is only permitted to bring back as playing partners
two (2) of the original winning team members for future Pro-3 Am events. Once an amateur has won twice with
the same professional, playing partner, he is NOT permitted to play with that professional, as an amateur partner,
for the remainder of the calendar tournament season.
Penalty for non-compliance will be disqualification and suspension from all TSPGA events for one (1) calendar year.
If a professional intends to invite an amateur(s) who is a member at a facility other than his own, the inviting professional is required to ask permission of the Head Golf Professional at the amateur’s facility before he invites that amateur(s) to play in a Pro-Am Event.
Failure to ask permission will be considered a breach of the PGA Code of Ethics. The penalty will be suspension from all TSPGA Events for one (1) calendar year.